hello my fellow makeup lovers :)
If you have read my previous blog entry, you are all fully aware that I have recently fallen deeply in love with Urban Decay. And I have fallen HARD ♥
I was dying to test out their lip glosses and I heard that their lip junkie glosses were really great, so I just haddddddd to try them out as soon as I could!
So i present to you these gorgeous swatches of the Urban Decay Lip Junkie Lip Glosses!
They look so pretty in the tubes & the color you see is the color you get!
Top row left to right: Peroxide (light pink) Midnight Cowboy (sheer nude sparkle)
Crush (bright hot pink) Runaway (medium peach shimmer)
Bottom row left to right: Heavy (dark neutral) Naked (pinky neutral)
Jilted (deep pink sparkle) Perversion (sheer black sparkle)
PROS OF THIS PRODUCT =)
• True to color! The color that you see in the tube is that color that appears on your lips.
• Not sticky at all! I hateee sticky lipglosses and this is not one of them! It was super smooth & not gooey.
• Super shiny. I am more of a lipstick type of girl, but when I wear lipgloss I like it to be obvious that I am wearing a lipgloss - shiny & glossy lips! & its such a huge plus that its not sticky!
• Really good range of color & shades. There are 11 gorgeous shades so you know you can find one you like! Take your pick from sheer pretty neutrals, kick-ass brights, or a glimmering near-black The 3 of them I couldn't show you were Red-Light (bright pinky red), Wallflower (nude creamy-pink), and Love Junkie (sheer dark red).
• I love the minty scent & flavor! Its refreshing, smells good, feels good on the lips and most importantly its not too strong & it doesn't taste bad.
• Lasts a pretty long time for a lipgloss. Most lipglosses that I have tried always come off so easily, but this one lasted pretty well & the color stayed.
• The lipgloss tube is "molded" not all soft. This is a pro for me because now there cant be any lipgloss "accidents" where my lipgloss explodes all over my bag because the tube was squished. Thank God!! LOL
• Pretty packaging! Yes, as you all know I loveee trendy packaging & this product, like every other Urban Decay product has packaging that looks so nice!
CONS OF THIS PRODUCT =(
• I didn't notice any plumping effect to my lips. This product is advertised to have an ingredient called "Maxi-Lip" that is said to give your lips a boost & have some plumping action. Unfortunately, I did not really notice any when I used this product. But it also says "plumps lips an average of 40% when used daily for a month." So I guess I will use it more and more & see if I notice a gradual change in the plumpness of my lips.
• May be considered a little "overpriced" by some. Some of my fellow makeup lovers may think that the $19 price tag is a little too pricey for a lipgloss. Personally, it is an average price for lipgloss amongst the higher-end brands, but a some people might still think its overpriced.
OVERALL VIEW ON THIS PRODUCT:
I really liked these Urban Decay lipglosses!! There were many pros about this product and it really lived up to my expectations, except on the plumping part. I think that with the wide range of shades, the smooth & shiny finish, the refreshing minty flavor and the non-stickiness, it equals a pretty fabulous lipgloss! My three favorite colors are peroxide, crush and runaway! I also like mixing peroxide & crush together, soo pretty!