So, the following Urban Decay products was one of the first that I have ever tried and it is now one of my ultimate favorite products that I use every, single day. If it is possible to be actually addicted to a makeup product, then this is the product that I am a total junkie for!
The Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder!
I always wondered if it was worth it to invest in a more expensive product (especially one that I use everyday and all through out the day!) from a more high-end brand, rather then to keep using the e.l.f.'s studio translucent matifying powder for only $3. Don't get me wrong - the e.l.f. one worked fine, but I was curious to see if there was really a difference.
After looking around Sephora, I came across this pretty-purple compact. It was love at first sight!
I was instantly in love with the packaging (I am such a sucker for pretty packaging!) and when I went on further to read the description of this product I knew that I needed to try it!
"This shine-stopping pressed powder blots oil and keeps shine at bay. Try it on naked skin (if you run into the hot guy at the gym), or over foundation (for touch-ups on the dance floor without destroying your makeup). Because the formula contains super lightweight, oil-absorbing rice powder, you won’t feel the powder, but you’ll see the shine-free results. The lavender shade applies invisibly and works on every skin tone, from dark chocolate to palest porcelain."
Keep De-Slick in your bag at all times! The gorgeous, transparent purple compact seems to glow from within, featuring Urban Decay embellishments of skulls, flourishes and flowers. Pop it open to reveal a mirror and handy application puff.
PROS OF THIS PRODUCT =)
• Really does keep my skin shine free for a longgg time. (longer then any other blot/matifying powder that I have tried!!) I applied this on top of my liquid foundation to set it at 7:30am before I went off to college in the morning, and my skin stayed shine-free until about 12:00pm when I went to go eat lunch.
• If you do get shiny, a little bit of the powder instantly absorbs the oil and returns your skin to a perfect matte finish. When I noticed that I needed a little touch up, all I needed to do was pat a little powder in the shiny spots & like magic they disapeared and my skin was back to looking perfectly matte.
• Large compact, a lot of product. Its not tiny by any means and you only use a little product at a time, so it will last for a while. (The compact is about the size of my palm.)
• Does not disturb your makeup at all. Putting this on top of your makeup throughout the day does not change the color of your makeup at all.
• Doesn't make your makeup look cakey, no matter if you reapply multiple times during the day. I wore this on a 95degree day in NYC where I was walking a lottttt for about 2 or 3 hours outside. I reapplied about once an hour, yet my makeup didn't start to look cakey at all.
• Comes with a little application puff. There's no need to bring along any other brushes or separate application puffs. Plus, this one is so adorable!
• Pretty packaging! Do I really need to explain this one?! The purple compact is so hot and i love the Urban Decay embellishments of skulls, flourishes and flowers.
CONS OF THIS PRODUCT =(
• The $30 price tag. I'm not really a huge fan of spending $30 for a powder and I know that it may be too expensive for some makeup lovers out there. Even though I am listing the price as a con, I am still going to be buying this product - it works for my skin so wonderfully that it is totally worth the $30!!
OVERALL VIEW ON THIS PRODUCT:
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE URBAN DECAY DE-SLICK MATTIFYING POWDER!!!
It has everything I want in a mattifying powder and it even comes in one of the most trendy compacts that I have ever seen! It is my new "holy-grail" translucent mattifying powder and despite the $30 price tag I will most definitely be purchasing this product again! (and again & again & again!!!)
I have officially fallen in love with Urban Decay products. Stay tuned for more Urban Decay reviews & hauls - I can assure you that there will be many more!! ;)