As you all know, I love fashion & I can walk through the mall for hours and just create outfit after outfit! That being said, my new internship with Derek Warburton, is right up my ally and I absolutely love it! This past week was my first week interning for Derek and the main focus this week was pulling outfits for his appearance today, Monday May 24th on a Philadelphia news station. On Dereks segment he would be showing outfits that showcase the latest spring and summer trends.
Here is a list of Derek's top 10 hot trends for this summer!
1. Colorific: Fabulous fuschia, bodacious blue and miraculous melon will be making you happy go lucky after a drab winter!
2. Sporty Spice: Don't be too quick to throw away those old gym shorts, sports wear is back in a big way! Replace your old leggings with some Nike lycra, throw on an oversized tunic and take off!
3. Country Cute: Country cute is the new city fabulous! Big skirts and daisy dukes are in!
4. Keep it clean! Crisp white classics are not only for the office anymore! White dresses and white button downs are here to stay for the summer!
5. Sheer Madness: Get out those sheer slips and camisoles because skin is in!
6. GI Jane: An army of glamazons will be on the streets this season, fabulous fatigues let you go to war with the summer heat in style!
7. Studs: Summer always brings out the cute guys, but these studs will be found on belts, bags and sandals!
8. Swirly twirly: Mixing and matching patterns is one of the most dangerous of trends, but if done right - it can be the most fun! Mixing patterns is very trendy right now!
9. Be-Jeweled: Summer is a stones throw away, so don't be shy to wear all your glamorous stones and jewels to add bling to your outfit!
10. Platforms: This season you will be reaching new heights!! Platform heels and platform wedges are essential!
Our task was to create 4 - 5 full outfits that showcase those trends and include more then one specific trend per look. It was a very fun task and we created some amazing outfits! Take a look for yourself :)
The first outfit here is mixes bright colors (colorific) a platform wedge shoe (platforms), has many embellishments and jewels (be-jewled) and is paired off with clean white shorts (crisp white). Personally, I love this outfit because is is bright and unique. Plus it mixes two of my favorite colors - pink & gold!
Next, we have outfit number 2, which is a crisp white dress (clean white), a long necklace with chains of silver, gold and pearls (mixing metals) and a bright colored, all purpose scarf (well wrapped).
Outfit number 3 focused mainly on our military trend. We have a dress in a fatigue pattern (GI jane), sports wear ( sporty spice) and a studded belt and bracelets (studs).
The 4th outfit was so adorable! It focused on the country cute look (country cute) with the denim crop-jacket and dress, had a few different patterns (mixed patterns) and featured a lot of jewelry, an oversize watch (be-jewled) and a studded clutch (studs).
The 5th an final outfit was a bright neon-yellow dress (colorific), a military inspired black blazer with gold studs (GI Jane & studs) and a wrist-ful of gold studded bangles (studs).
These are the 5 completed looks that Derek & I created for his appearance on the Philadelphia morning news. The segment went excellent and the outfits were a big hit :)
I hope you all enjoyed seeing these trendy looks and liked seeing what I do at my internship with Derek!
Click on the box below to watch!!!
Click on the box below to watch!!!