Monday, May 24, 2010

Best Self-Tanner!

As summer is right around the corner, so is a summer tan! But this summer I will not be laying out in the sun and baking myself daily in order to achieve that nice rich, dark tan that I desire! Yes, everyone loves a sexy, summer tan, but nobody loves skin damage or the harmful affects that the sun can have on our precious skin. Thankfully we can find a perfect alternative to that rich summer tan in a bottle (or spray can!) and be much nicer to our skin!

Many of you have asked me what my favorite self-tanner is and after thinking about it for a while, I have finally made my decision (and trust me, I have tried many!) My favorite self-tanning product, hands down is - St. Tropez Self Tan Bronzing Spray!

St. Tropez is one of the best self-tanning brands that I have ever tried. I was never left with an orange, fake looking glow. Every time I used one of their products, I was left looking beautiful with a true brown-colored tan, just like if I would if I spent a week in the Bahamas! Out of all their self-tanning products, I like the spray the best. It is much easier to get an even tan with no streaks when you are spraying yourself, because the number one culprit of streaky tans are not involved in this tanning process! (Your hands!) Since there is no need to rub in any product, the chance of you streaking is practically non existent! (But of course, make sure to exfoliate your skin from head to toe first!) In addition, without the need to rub in the self-tanner, there are also no orange palms!! 

My routine for using this self-tanner is as follows : First I hop into the shower and I get all my shaving out of the way. Then I exfoliate my whole body from head to toe! (Make sure to pay special attention to around your knees and elbows!) Then once I am out of the shower, I put my hair up into a bun & put a little plastic shower cap over my hair (to avoid getting self tanner in it) and then I evenly spray the tanner all over my body. I do one layer, and allow about 10 minutes for it to fully dry 100% and then go over once more with a 2nd layer for a deeper, richer tan. After the spray is fully dried, I put on some loose clothing and go off to bed. When I wake up in the morning, I take a quick shower with only water to rinse off any excess tan, towel off gently (do not rub or scrub your skin dry! This might exfoliate the tan off & you will be blotchy!) or air dry and then I am good to go with a gorgeous rich, brown tan all thanks to my St. Tropez self-tan bronzing spray!

Happy Self-Tanning!
XOXO Chloé


If you prefer to use a lotion or a mousse formula for your self-tan, St. Tropez also offers them! Which ever formula you choose, the result is always a rich, brown tan - just like you were vacationing in St. Tropez :)

No comments:

Post a Comment